Thursday, September 1, 2011

Brush and Blush



Looking for new ideas for a fun night out?  Like to try new things?  Well, I've got just the thing for you; a painting class where you can drink wine!  I stumbled across a LivingSocial deal this past spring for this place in Georgetown called Brush N Blush, LLC.  It's a painting class, where the instructor gives you step by step instructions on how to paint the painting that has been chosen for that class.  If you go to their website, you'll notice that they have a calendar with all different paintings.  The whole class does the same painting so you can follow along with the teacher.  As if that wasn't fun enough, you get to bring a bottle of wine to drink while you paint!  I've been to two classes already and have my third coming up in a couple of weeks.


The first one I did was with my fiancé.  We painted "DC Starry Night"  It was essentially Van Gogh's "Starry Night" but with the DC skyline.  It was so much fun but pretty hard.  I like the way my fiancé's turned out a lot better than mine!  Neither one of us are much of an artist, but we had the best time! 

The next class I went to, I took my mom.  She was visiting me for a girls weekend so we could find her dress for my wedding.  We had the best time ever.  We painted a beach hut over water.  She keeps talking about how much fun she had painting that with me.  She said that they have a class similar to Brush N Blush, LLC in Charleston, SC so she wants to try it out sometime with her friends.  I know my sister has been to a class just like this in Atlanta, GA.  I'm looking forward to my next class in a couple of weeks with one of my girlfriends.  We are painting a wine glass where half of the wine is white wine and the other half is red wine.  I'm thinking it will look great in our kitchen! ;)  



They also do group events so you can have a birthday party there, a bachelorette party or just a girls night out!  Who's coming with me next?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment