Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Maps of LOVE

So I stumbled across another project I wanted to try on Pinterest and thought I would try it over the long weekend.  First, you get maps from places that are important to you (e.g. where you met, where you married, etc.) and cut them in the shape of a heart and frame them.

I had ordered 3 maps from Amazon - Virginia, South Carolina and Jamaica.  Arlington, VA - where we met, Charleston, SC - where we are getting married, and Montego Bay, Jamaica - where we are going on our honeymoon.
I went to Target and purchased 3 distressed white frames, scrapbook paper and heart cutouts to trace.
I came home and placed the heart-shaped cutout over the map of Virginia, making sure that I was including Arlington and proceeded to cut.  I did the same thing with South Carolina and Jamaica.
I then took three sheets of scrapbook paper and cut them to the size of the frame.  Next, I glued the heart-shaped map onto the scrapbook paper.  I had also bought some small heart-shaped cutouts and decided to put them next the important cities - Arlington, Charleston and Montego Bay.
I put them in the frames and voilà, my project was complete!
It was a very easy project and I think it looks great over our bed.  It symbolizes important places in our lives together! :)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I might have to steal it and use it in my new apartment. SO adorable.

    ReplyDelete