Wednesday, September 14, 2011

For All Those Candy Lovers


Anyone you know in your life addicted to candy?  Well, I've got a neat idea for you!  Dave absolutely LOVES candy, well any kind of sweets that is, so I decided to do something a little different for his birthday this year.  In addition to his gifts and ice cream cake, I decided to make him a candy cake!  I simply took a few different size tin cans from Michaels and stacked them on top of each other.  To make them stick to each other, I used packing tape.  Once I got the shape and height I wanted I started to put double-sided tape on candy bars that I had bought.  I had bought all different kinds of candy bars, both full size and fun size from Target.  You can use whatever candy your heart desires!  I then began to tape the candy bars around the tins, filling up every inch of space.  I then topped it off with a big blue bow!  It was a very simple project that I think turned out wonderfully and I think Dave will agree.  I seem to remember him having 3 full sized candy bars in one sitting.  Can we say chocolate overload?!?! :)  All in all, I'm happy with the way it turned out.  Next time I might try wrapping the candy bars in different color paper/wrapping paper to match a certain theme (think bridal shower, baby shower, graduation, etc.).

1 comment:

  1. Now that you've reminded him, Dave will want another "cake".

    ReplyDelete