Friday, September 9, 2011

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Ever have one of those days when everything just seemed to go wrong?!  Well, I had that kind of day yesterday.  I was meeting with a client in DC and I was super excited to wear these new tights I had gotten from Banana Republic because I LOVED the design and I was going to wear this awesome bracelet I had gotten from the Kate Spade sample sale.  Whenever I have something new to wear, I always get excited and happy, which USUALLY makes for a great day.  So, I took the Metro into DC, minding you, I had never been to this client before.  Apparently I took the wrong exit out of the Metro.  I ended up walking the wrong way in the POURING rain.  After about 20 minutes I finally made it to my destination.  I was meeting a co-worker there but she was running a bit late because of the traffic, so I decided to sit in the Starbucks which was located next to the office building.  Once I sat down, I noticed a HUGE snag in my NEW tights.  I was so mad!  I know most people wouldn't consider this to be something to fret about, but I was annoyed because they were brand new!  I sat there for about half an hour waiting for her, checking work emails, Twitter, etc. 
 My new tights
 My new bracelet

We worked there until about noon, then she dropped me off at my place so I could get my car and drive into work.  The rain was beyond awful at this time.  I could barely see in front of me.  This made for a VERY long, stressful drive into work.  I've been so swamped lately with the September 15th deadline quickly approaching, that I've been working later than usual.  So when I left work last night, I thought the traffic wouldn't be too bad because I was leaving so late.  Boy, was I WRONG!  It took me over an hour and a half to get home.  I guess it didn't help that we were having major flooding.  By this point, I just wanted to go home and go to bed and end this terrible day.  When I got home, Dave had dinner made, a cleaned apartment, and a homemade mojito made with the mint that we are growing on our porch.  What did I do to deserve such a sweet guy like him?  After venting to him about my terrible day we relaxed, ate a fantastic dinner and caught up on some tv.  At least my bad day ended on a high note! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment