Monday, September 12, 2011

Another Great Weekend Has Come to An End

 I had such a fun and relaxing weekend after a stressful work week!  Dave and I started the weekend off by going to Fire Works Pizza, in Courthouse, with another couple.  We enjoyed some yummy pizza, beers and sangria!  Then we went back to our place and enjoyed a few beverages and played Taboo and Catch Phrase. It was a fun night with lots of laughs!  I'm still constantly singing "Team 2, Team 2, Team 2!!" ;)

 Saturday we slept in, which was AMAZING, and just hung around the house for a bit.  I had purchased a deal through Capital Deals for Barrel Oak Winery, located in Delaplane, VA.  I had been there before a couple years back for a work outing.  I thought it would be the perfect thing to do since the weather was AMAZING and it had been such a crummy, rainy week.  So, we took the hour long journey into the "country."  It's so beautiful out there and it's always nice to escape city-life every once in awhile.  So we started our tasting.  We got to taste about 12 different wines which was so much fun.  I forgot my sheet with all my notes this morning, so I'll post later what my favorite wines were!   Half way through our tasting I noticed Dave's good friend Ross and his girlfriend, Caitlin, were there too; what a wonderful surprise!  By the way, Caitlin has an amazing blog Patent Leather Shoes, you should definitely check it out!  So, we ended up hanging out with them the rest of the time.  They bought a bottle of wine and we sat outside and enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine with some brie and goat cheese and were able to catch up.  It was a wonderful afternoon.  After we said our goodbyes, Dave and I decided to go back to Stribiling Orchard to pick up some more apples and cherry apple cider, since we were only a few miles away from the orchard.  After we got our apples, it was time to head back into the city!
We decided to catch the Georgetown vs. Lafayette game in Georgetown, since Dave is a Lafayette Alumni.  We had a nice evening watching football.  Unfortunately, Lafayette lost, but was still a great night to watch football.  Then we decided to check out Bobby Flay's new burger joint in DC,  Bobby's Burger Palace.  We both enjoyed our meal.  I had the "Dallas Burger" which is spice crusted with coleslaw, monterey jack, bbq sauce and pickles with a coffee milkshake.  Dave had the "September Special" which I believe had bbq sauce, bacon, cheese and shoestring onion rings with a black and white milkshake.  We shared a thing of sweet potato fries.  We still prefer our burgers from Rays Hell Burger, but were happy to give Bobby's Burger Palace a try!  I did thoroughly enjoy my coffee milkshake!! :)


Sunday was a relaxing day.  We finished watching a movie from the night before and then Dave had a soccer game in the afternoon, which they won!  We were able to do some chores around the house and I made Dave ANOTHER apple crisp! :)  All and all it was a WONDERFUL weekend!  Just what a needed!!  Just 3 days left until the deadline!  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

AND exactly 2 months until the wedding!  :) :) :)






1 comment: