Wednesday, September 7, 2011

You Know I l Like My Chicken Fried...

(Picture only shows half of my meal!! :))

Cold beer on a MONDAY night.  A little tribute to The Zac Brown Band, who I'm actually listening to right now! :) Being a girl raised in the south, I enjoy grits, biscuits, fried okra and of course fried chicken!  I know they aren't the healthiest things in the world, but it's nice to have them every once in awhile as a "splurge"  Well, my fiancé, Dave, and I really enjoy Liberty Tavern's homemade buttermilk fried chicken.  It is to DIE for!!!  It's so moist, not greasy.  Words cannot describe how amazing this dish is!  Liberty Tavern, which is located in Clarendon, runs a special on Monday nights; for $15 you get buttermilk fried chicken (portions are generous-lasts me 2 nights!), two sides, a biscuit, some gravy and rolls.  This has got to be one of Dave's favorite meals!  

We hadn't had the fried chicken in quite awhile, so these past two Monday nights, we have ordered it to go and brought it home to watch "Breaking Bad" (a favorite show of ours).  I would like to think this could be a Monday night tradition, but I don't think my waistline would appreciate that! ;)  If you live in Northern VA or in DC and you love a good fried chicken, please try Liberty Tavern's.  It will change your WORLD!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment