Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lilly...Going Once, Going Twice, SOLD!

As most of my friends know, I'm a HUGE fan of Lilly Pulitzer!  So when I heard about their BIG sale on Tuesday I went a "tad" crazy.  I mean, how often can you buy a chiffon Lilly dress for $39?!  I figured I would be stocked up for awhile with Lilly and could just return what I didn't like/want.  I guess with all my excitement, I forgot to read the fine print that said all sale items returned would only be given store credit.  As much as I love Lilly, I don't need store credit when I should be saving for a house.  So, needless to say I was a bit upset at myself for buying all of this Lilly stuff and finding out I would just be receiving store credit.  I was telling this to one of my co-workers who is also a Lilly lover and she asked me to show her what I bought.  She fell madly in love with one of the dresses, I did too, unfortunately it was too short on me, and she asked if she could try it on.  So of course I said yes!  She absolutely LOVED it and looked amazing in it!  Word got around the office that I had brand new Lilly dresses for sale in my office at great prices!  I was able to sell all but a small tote bag.  The tote bag was a little small for my taste but figure I can keep it and give it as a gift.  I'm still waiting on 2 more shipments from Lilly, so there might be another Lilly sale in our office.  Now I know there are many other Lilly lovers in my office and will have to make sure to get their opinions before my next Lilly purchase.  Overall, this turned out to be a great experience; I got to bond with my co-workers over my love of fashion! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment