Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurricane Irene = Eating and Drinking FEST!


So, with threats of Hurricane Irene coming, my fiancé and I stocked up on food and craft supplies (for me!)!  I decided to make a red sangria, my first time making it and I'm pretty happy with the results!  I pretty much followed this recipe  Red Sangria.  My fiancé seemed to really enjoy it to.  We decided to have a fun night and watch "Road Trip" and play the "mustache game"  Never heard of the mustache game?  I hadn't either until that night.  My fiancé drew 2 different types of mustaches on 2 pieces of tape.  Then he taped them on our TV screen.  Whenever a face from the movie lined up perfectly to where a mustache should appear, you take a drink.  If it lined up on the face of a girl, you take two sips.  Needless to say, we had a lot of fun!  I also decided to do some baking.  I made these cake batter bars from this website Cake Batter Bars and they turned out really well.  I only took a bite (wedding dress fitting soon) but my fiancé seemed to really enjoy them!  I'll update my blog with one of the crafts I did over the weekend sometime this week!  Hope everyone was able to survive the storm and enjoy a relaxing weekend with their loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment