Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Designer Bag Project




So, I've been seeing this project all over Pinterest, and I thought to myself, what a great idea!  You take designer shopping bags that you have kept because you don't have the heart to throw them out and you frame them!  If I had a huge walk in closet, this is where I would want to hang them!  Since I have a pretty small apartment and very little closet space, I decided to utilize the hallway from the bedroom to the bathroom.  On the one side of the wall I have a shelf with all my necklaces hanging and our wicker hamper.  Since the other side was free, I decided to ask my fiancé if it was alright if I hung the bags there and of course he said yes!  So I went to Target and bought some cheap white frames; all different sizes.  Unfortunately, they didn't have a lot of white frames, so I bought a couple wood frames and just spray painted them white.  I then took some bags that I had saved and cut the backs off so they would fit nicely into the frames.  It took a little time trying to get them to fit nicely in the frames but eventually they fit!  I then simply hung them on my wall., and voilà! A boring white wall turned chic!  I'm very happy with the outcome and looking forward to adding more to my wall! ;-)




2 comments:

  1. Erin - this is SUCH a cute idea! I love it. Also, if I had a big walk-in closet, I would hang them in there ;-) Unfortunately I don't think Ross would say yes to me hanging them up in our bedroom/my closet! Maybe in our next place. -Caitlin

    ReplyDelete