Monday, October 3, 2011

Mini Apple Pies



I know it seems like we do this EVERY weekend, but since Saturday was our first crisp fall day, we decided we would venture out west to our FAVORITE orchard, Stribling Orchard.  We needed to replenish our stock of apples so we had a nice pick and also bought a 1/2 gallon of apple cider...yum!! :)  We also picked 2 pumpkins which I will have a post on later this week! (a little arts & crafts project).  After apple picking, we decided to stop by a winery which was located next to the orchard and just happened to be named, Chateau O'Brien!  We had a wonderful tasting.  We did the "Cellar Wine Tasting" which was a red wine tasting menu that featured 5 different wines.  After our tasting, which was very informative to say the least, we shared a glass of wine on the patio and just enjoyed each other's company.

That night I decided I would bake Dave a nice apple treat.  I've seen so many delicious apple recipes on Pinterest that I've wanted to try.  I decided to make these bite sized apple pies.  Dave seemed to LOVE them.  I didn't try them because I'm not a pie fan but I have to admit, they looked pretty darn cute.  They were very easy to make.  Hopefully I can try some more apple recipes later this week.  Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment