Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fall Decor

So, I know I've been saying I was going to post about my pumpkin decorations for awhile now, but unfortunately one of my pumpkins bit the dust after I finished it.  I'm so mad that I didn't take a picture of it prior, but I was sure happy with the outcome.  I had spray-painted it silver and then with black fabric paint, I drew some dotted patterns.  My decorations aren't as great as I thought they would be, but still give our place the nice fall look.

I simply put a pumpkin on a cake stand with leaves that I bought from World Market.  I also put tea lights on the cake stand.  I also purchased leaf-shaped tea light holders from World Market...super cute!  I bought 2 little white pumpkins and put them on our entertainment center along with a pie pumpkin and a gourd.  On our books shelf I put a pumpkin that I spray-painted with chalkboard paint then I simply wrote "BOO" with chalk.  I also put 2 little pumpkins up there. I am hoping to pick up a fall wreath to put on our door within the next couple days!  I just love fall and love our place to show that! :)


Dave and I were on a mission last night to make our place look absolutely perfect for all of our guests this weekend!  We have already received so many wonderful wedding gifts but have limited space in our apartment so we've been trying to reorganize our things and go through stuff we don't need anymore.  I went to Target last night to pick up a couple things and since Dave's little cousins are coming tonight, I decided to make them each a cute Halloween basket with goodies.  I hope they like them! :)  I also bought all the essentials (sprinkles and orange icing) to make fabulous Halloween cookies!  Dave's cousins arrive tonight with Dave's mom and her sister.  Apparently Dave's cousins, Val and Mia, want to swim in our indoor pool, bake cookies and eat macaroni and cheese with me...girls after my own heart! :)  Such a fun weekend ahead...I'm beyond excited!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment