Monday, April 30, 2012

Game Night

Mario-themed cupcakes!!  (They are supposed to be the mushrooms!)

So I forget how this idea even came up, but Dave and our friend, Jeff, decided it would be fun to have a game night.  They wanted to play Mario Kart for Nintendo 64 and some other games.  This wasn't my idea of a good time but thought I would make the best of it.  Much to my surprise, the night turned out FANTASTIC and we all had a blast!

The foods we prepared for the night were your typical "party" foods, just the lighter version.  We made the Skinny Taste version of  buffalo wing dip and boy was it a hit!  You couldn't even tell that it was the lighter version.  We had different kinds of tortilla chips along with celery to go with the dip.  We also made healthy baked chicken nuggets from Skinny Taste with an assortment of dipping sauces.  Beverages consisted of beer and piña coladas.   Susanna, Jeff's girlfriend, and I opted for the piña coladas for the first couple rounds! :)

Yummy piña coladas

We decided to show Jeff and Susanna how to play crokinole.  I don't know how to explain the game, it kind of reminds me of shuffle board for your table (I suggest you go Google it!)  We had so much fun playing it!  Jeff and I were paired up together and Dave and Susanna were paired together.  Unfortunately, Dave and Susanna beat us in the end but it was close!  I really think they enjoyed playing it and we will definitely be having a re-match one of these days!

After playing several rounds of crokinole, Dave and Susanna made a pizza.  Jeff and Susanna made this to-die-for strawberry salad to go along with our pizza, which I will be replicating in the near future!  After dinner it was time to play Mario Kart!  Susanna killed us all in almost every round we played!!!   She was amazing!  I think I need to brush up on my Mario Kart skills! :)   We also played 007 which wasn't as fun as most of us remembered.  The highlight of the night was playing my dance game for Kinnect.  Dave and Jeff were H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!  I haven't laughed that much in a LONG time! :)  

Jeff and Dave dancing (sorry it's so blurry)

Jeff and Dave

I decided to make cupcakes to go along with our "gaming" theme.  I decorated the cupcakes to look like the mushrooms from Mario.  I think they turned out great!

What a wonderful night it was with great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment