Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

I had such a wonderful Easter weekend!  Dave was out of town from Thursday night until Sunday morning so I took full advantage by doing some girly things!  Friday after work I decided to stop by the salon for a mani/pedi! I thoroughly enjoyed every single minute to it.  That night I caught up on my DVR and made some Easter chocolate bark for Dave!  It turned out pretty and Dave seemed to like it.  I will never know since I absolutely DESPISE white chocolate! ;)

Homemade Chocolate Bark

Saturday was spent at the office (of course!).  After work I decided to stop by the Leesburg Outlets since I hadn't been there in almost 4 years!  I stopped by Kate Spade and picked up the cutest dress (hoping to wear it on my birthday next week!) and a couple cute tops!  After Kate Spade I went to Vineyard Vines to pick Dave up a few things to put in his Easter basket.  I figured I had done enough damage with just those 2 stores, so I headed home.  After a nice run outside, I was in for the night.  I spent the evening putting together Dave's Easter basket, hiding eggs for him and watching "Foot Loose".  It was a wonderful, relaxing evening...just what I like!

Dave's Easter basket
Hiding Easter Eggs :)

Dave came home Sunday morning and I gave him his Easter basket and he did his Easter egg hunt! :)  We decided to head to Barrel Oak Winery (a favorite of ours) for a fun afternoon in the sun!  We each got a nice glass of white wine, shared an assortment of cheeses, meats, strawberry preserves and bread!  We relaxed and read...the perfect afternoon.  That night I went for a run and we actually ordered in for dinner.  We were planning on cooking a nice meal, but since we both were so exhausted from the week, our afternoon nap ran a little longer than planned!  Even though we didn't have a fancy Easter dinner, sharing a wonderful day with each other made for a perfect Easter!

Afternoon at the winery...perfect!

Dave at the winery in one of his new shirts I got him for Easter! :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment