Monday, April 2, 2012

Cherry Blossom Weekend

I had such an amazing weekend this past weekend, besides the whole work thing! ;)

As most of my family and friends know, I had the Cherry Blossom 10 miler on Sunday.  It's been tough to train during the busy tax season, but I fit in runs whenever I could.  I'm so proud of myself for doing the run during such a stressful time.  I actually felt pretty good during the run until about mile 9.  At mile 9, I just wanted the race to be over!  I pushed hard towards the finish line and was just so darn HAPPY!  I did something that a few weeks ago I didn't think I could do!  Thanks Dave, for coming out to support me!! :)

Prior to the race!

I look disgusting, but hey, I did it!! :)

My medal!! :)
After the race, we met up with some friends for a delicious brunch at Liberty Tavern.  Of course I had a Bloody Mary - my newest obsession.

Delicious Bloody Mary


My stuffed Peep Dave got me!
When we got home, Dave and I took a nap and boy was is glorious!  Since we were up at 5am for the race, a nap was definitely in order.  Later that afternoon, we headed to National Harbor to visit one of my favorite places, the Peep Store!  Dave bought me a cute little stuffed Peep that I have at my desk and of course a box of Peeps.  Peeps are definitely a guilty pleasure of mine!  After the Peep store, we walked around outside since it was a beautiful day.  We stopped at a local coffee shop and relaxed on their couch with a nice cup of coffee!

I Heart Peeps!
After a wonderful afternoon spent outside, we decided to go do our weekly grocery shopping.  The evening consisted of a nice dinner, a game of Crokinole, crafting and then we capped the night off by watching Mad Men!  It was a wonderful weekend...I'm still smiling from it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment