Friday, April 27, 2012

Tax Season is OVER and B-Day Recap!!

Where do I begin?!  Life has been quite hectic lately and I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed.  Tax season was brutal this year and I'm happy to say it is O-V-E-R!  I've been working weekends and late nights since January, I haven't been able to commit to anything on the weekends and I haven't been able to travel.  Dave has been my savoir throughout all of this.  Every night he has a nice home-cooked meal ready for me, he cleans and he's there for moral support.  He lets me vent to him about how stressed I am or if I am having a bad day.  He tries to help me see the positive even when I didn't think there were any positives.  I'm so thankful that I am able to come home to him every night.  He knows how to cheer me up and make me smile!

Dinner menu that the restaurant had made up for my b-day!

Cutest b-day gift from my manager's daughter!! :)

Normally I would have the perfect birthday for a tax accountant, April 16th, since the deadline is normally April 15th.  Unfortunately April 15th fell on a weekend so that moves the due date to the next weekday but now for some reason we are deciding to celebrate Emancipation Day, the deadline got moved to April 17th.  Long story short, my birthday was a day of complete chaos. Dave made me a delicious breakfast and picked me up my favorite coffee along with flowers!! :)  Work was stressful so I couldn't wait to come home and enjoy what was left of my birthday with my husband.  We enjoyed a delicious dinner from Liberty Tavern and I opened presents.  :)  Ice cream cake followed presents and shortly after that I was ready to hit the hay!! :)  There would be more birthday celebration later during the week.

Adorable flowers from my brother-in-law and his g/f!  They look just like Winnie!  T-minus 2 weeks until she is OURS!! :)

I made it through the deadline on Tuesday.  Wednesday and Thursday were spent catching up on things at the office that weren't 4/17 sensitive.  I decided to take Friday off because I was so exhausted from work.  I attempted to sleep in, went for a long run and then got a massage!  It was so relaxing; exactly what I needed.  That night Dave and I went to Founding Farmers for my birthday dinner!  We enjoyed lots of yummy food and a couple of drinks! ;) 

FABULOUS dinner at Founding Farmers

Saturday morning we went on a run together (my favorite) then came home, showered and got ready to head to Frederick, MD for the day/night.  We had a Groupon for a brewery tour at Flying Dog Brewery in Frederick.  This was my first brewery tour so I was quite excited.  Unfortunately my feet weren't prepared for the tour.  I was wearing sandals and apparently you cannot wear open-toed shoes so I got to wear these horrendous Croc-like shoes over my sandals.  They were not the perfect compliment to my dress...  Other than the shoes, the brewery tour was a blast!  That night we had another delicious dinner.  Sunday was spent catching up on things and just relaxing.

A wonderful afternoon at the Flying Dog Brewery!

I'm so happy to have my weekends back and spend more time with family and friends!!  I'm looking forward to trying new recipes, making some arts and craft projects, traveling and RELAXING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment