Monday, March 5, 2012

Dave's Birthday Weekend

The birthday boy!

Saturday was Dave's birthday and I wanted it to be the perfect weekend for him.  His dad flew in from Massachusetts Thursday night and the two of them spent Friday in D.C.  They had a great time visiting various museums throughout the day.  I'm so happy they were able to spend some quality time together doing one of Dave's favorite activities.

Friday night the three of us had a fabulous dinner at one of Dave's favorite restaurant, Eventide, located in Clarendon.  The dinner was outstanding!  Dave and I both had the winter vegetable soup to start out with and it was out of this world!  It was so creamy and very flavorful - highly recommended!  The rest of our meal was just as tasty!  I cannot wait to go back!  :)

Jonathan and Dave


Dave's birthday cake
Dinner!
Unfortunately, I had to work on Saturday, but Dave and his dad were able to relax and venture out around town.  That night we went to Medieval Times with a group of friends and had such a great time.  All Dave wanted for his birthday was to go to Medieval Times.  I will admit, I was a little apprehensive about the idea, but so glad we did it.  It was such a fun experience and I'm so happy Dave could spend it with his friends and family!

Sunday the three of us went into Clarendon again to have brunch at Liberty Tavern. I had my first ever bloody mary and now I'm officially hooked!  How have I gone so long without ever trying one of these tasty things?!?!  After brunch we spent the afternoon at the Newseum and visited the MLK memorial.  It was a fun afternoon and I was happy I got to spend it with Dave and Jonathan.

Outside of the Newseum

It was a wonderful weekend and I hope it was great one for Dave; he truly deserves all the happiness in the world and I hope I was able to make it a very happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment