Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Day of Love



A little book I put together for Dave
I know that most guys think of Valentine's Day as just a Hallmark holiday and I'm pretty sure Dave thinks so too, but since I like to celebrate it, he pretends to like it!  :)  I know that love should be shown everyday not just on Valentine's Day, and I think Dave and I are good about showing our love towards one another on a daily basis, but it's nice to do a little something extra for Valentine's Day.
Heart-shaped waffles

I started off by making Dave heart-shaped waffles from scratch!  They sure looked good and he seemed to enjoy every last bite!

Champagne!
The best part of my day was when I got home from work we started cooking dinner together.  It was so much fun; something we don't get to do together that often!  We made roasted red potatoes, asparagus and a New York Strip Steak.  Everything turned out fabulous.  We had a nice candlelit dinner with some champagne.  It was a wonderful little evening; exactly what I wanted.

Dinner table
I'm looking forward to our chocolate fondue tonight since I was too full for dessert last night!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday and was able to spend it with someone they love!





Yummy dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment