Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Here's to a New Year! Helllllllo 2012!

Dave and I welcomed 2012 with a fabulous dinner at Founding Farmers, followed by a party with some of our closest friends.  I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.  2011 has been an amazing year.  Dave received his Master's in Public Policy, we got MARRIED, had an amazing honeymoon and most importantly we became a family.  I am so lucky to have Dave in my life.  He knows how to cheer me up when I'm down, he would do anything for me and I know he truly loves me.  I love him more and more everyday; I didn't even know that was possible.

Dave & me at Jeff's New Year's Party

I have some "resolutions" that I would like to work on in 2012.  Each year I learn more and more about myself and there are things I would like to work on.

1.  Try not to sweat the little stuff.  I tend to stress out about little things (e.g. traffic, running late, clothes..)
2.  Keep a workout regimen.  I hate to put a number of days/week I will work out.  I just want to stay in shape and feel good about my body. (Also get in shape for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler)
3.  Stop getting caught up in materialistic things.  I put way too much pressure on myself - wanting to fit in, wanting to have the newest designer clothes, trying to impress everyone.  Over the past week, I have realized how important my family means to me.  I much rather have a family who loves me and truly cares for my well-being than the latest designer handbag.  This year I want to concentrate on the people that matter most to me - my family and friends
4.  Eat healthier.  For the month of January, Dave and I have given up sugar.  It will be tough but together we can accomplish anything.  We will have different food goals each month! 

My hubby, the dancing machine!! :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years.  Cheers to a fantastic 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment