Monday, January 16, 2012

Etsy Gifts

 Sorry I've be absent for awhile.  I've been quite busy with moving to a new place and tax season starting up!  We are almost all set up in our new place and cannot wait to have people over once everything is set up.  Tax season has officially started and it looks like my Saturdays will me spent at the office during the next few months!  I'm ready for new challenges that I will be faced with this tax season and ready to step it up! :)
Dave's gift
A heart by Montego Bay
Since I've been consumed with moving and work, I honestly don't have too much to blog about.  I thought I would take time to show everyone one of the gifts I got Dave for his wedding gift.  I had a hard time thinking about what would be the perfect gift for him.  Since I got him a Movado watch as an engagement gift, and he doesn't wear jewelry, I found it difficult to find something that was sentimental and would remind him of our wedding.  I was browsing one of my favorite sites, Etsy, and came across a watercolor map of Jamaica (where we were going for our honeymoon).  I thought this would be perfect for Dave.  I contacted the artist and asked her to put a heart by Montego Bay (where we were staying) and she shipped the beautiful watercolor to me!  I had it matted and framed and I think it turned out fabulous!  Last night Dave hung it in our bedroom and I think it looks amazing!  Along with the painting I got him a tie-tack so he could think of me when he wears it! :)

Etsy is such a cool site to find personalized gifts.  I got my dad his wedding gift from there - a picture frame with the lyrics to our father-daughter dance so he could put a picture of us dancing in it.  I got my mom and Dave's mom a handkerchief embroidered with a sweet note from me.  It's a fun site but you might get addicted! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment