Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I HEART Penguins

Courtesy of Wikipedia
Ever since reading Mr. Popper's Penguins in 3rd grade, I have been slightly obsessed with the tuxedo-like creatures.  I even tried to convince my parents to let me get one as a pet.  I figured we could drill holes in our freezer so he/she could breathe and I would stick an air freshener on him, since they are a tad smelly.  Why wouldn't that work?!?! :)  As you can guess, my parents said no.  So over the years, I've accumulated tons of penguin paraphernalia, including stuffed animals, jewelry, socks, pj's, slippers and a whole lot more!  Even though I am 27, I sleep with my penguin Pillow Pet, Petey.  He is so soft and is my much needed nighttime accessory. My friend even got me a mini penguin Pillow Pet for my honeymoon.  I named him Petey Jr. :)
Courtesy of FAO Schwartz

Today I stumbled across this cute penguin blouse from Anthropologie.  It's a cute pattern that I would ACTUALLY wear, unlike those tacky Christmas sweaters with penguins all over them! ;)  I'll put this on my wish list! 

Ask me any penguin question and I'm sure I'll know the answer!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment