Monday, August 6, 2012

The Big 3-0

Let me preface this blog post by saying that I'm not here to brag, but to inspire my readers to go after their goals and also to show you that hard work and persistence really does pay off! It also doesn't hurt to have a great support system! :)

As a lot of my family and friends know, I've been working really hard since the beginning of March to lose some weight.  I wasn't feeling good about myself and wanted to do something about it and boost my self-confidence. 

I decided to join Weight Watchers and I couldn't be happier with the program.  By measuring my food,  keeping track of everything I ate and getting back into running, I noticed the pounds just melt-away each week.  It was the greatest feeling in the world to see my hard work really pay off!

I started this in the middle of tax season, which took a lot of willpower since our firm often buys us lunch and has numerous snacks that are available in the kitchen at all times.  I stuck to my plan and with the help of Dave, a lot of willpower and hard work, I can happily say that as of today, I have lost 30 pounds since I started the program back in March.  I am so much happier with my appearance and feel great!  The only problem is that none of my clothes fit me! :)  I'm slowly adding items to my wardrobe and getting a few key pieces tailored. 

I am so thankful for Dave who has been there every step of the way and for my parents who have been there to give me encouragement along the way.  I'm so happy with the results and will continue living this healthy lifestyle.  A big thank you to everyone who has supported me along they way!  I hope this inspires you to go after your goals!

Awesome running watch Dave just bought me b/c I reached my goal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment