Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Jam-Packed Weekend of Fun

This past weekend was filled to the brim with a lot of fun activities!  Since we knew that Saturday and Sunday were going to be super busy we decided to have a relaxing night in by watching The Lorax and The Hunger Games  I had watched The Lorax as a kid and enjoyed it but wasn't too impressed with the new movie.  I would give it 3 stars.  I haven't read The Hunger Games but decided to watch the movie with Dave.  I really enjoyed it and want to know what happens next, so it looks like when I'm not studying for school, I will be reading the books!  We also took a break to get some fro-yo...yummy!!! :)

Saturday morning we drove to our jeweler so I could pick out a simple wedding band that I can wear when I'm exercising, at the beach/pool or doing other activities that I don't feel comfortable wearing my original ring since it has a lot of tiny diamonds and is very delicate.  It was fun to be back at our jeweler...I mean what girl doesn't like to look at jewelry?!?! :)

Guitar-Shaped Margarita/Strawberry Daiquiri and a Funnel Cake!  Concert FOOD!
   
Dancing to "Then" in the rain <3
Jeff & Susanna being cute! :)
Saturday afternoon we headed out to Bristow, VA for the Brad Paisley concert with our friends Jeff and Susanna.  We tailgated for a little while and did a lot of people watching (OBVIOUSLY this is a must for country concerts!)  Easton Corbin opened up as well as The Band Perry.  They both were amazing and I especially loved The Band Perry.  Their song, Postcard from Paris, has become a favorite of mine.  Brad Paisley was out of this world!  He's such a good performer, seems so genuine and has an amazing voice.  This was my 3rd time seeing him in concert and he was just as good as the first two times.  Unfortunately, it rained but that didn't stop us from enjoying the concert.  The highlights from the concert included:  being able to experience Jeff's first concert with him :) , dancing with Dave to "Ticks" (the night we met, we played this song on Guitar Hero together), dancing with Dave in the rain to "Then" (our first dance song), Carrie Underwood coming out and singing with Brad Paisley and just having a wonderful night with great friends!

 
The Band Perry:  "Postcard From Paris"

Pulling up to Cirque Du Soleil!
Sunday afternoon Dave surprised me with tickets to Cirque Du Soleil Totem.  This was the first time for both of us to attend one of their shows.  We had such an amazing time; the tricks that they did were phenomenal.  We kept looking at each other in awe of the performers.  It was such a fun date and something different from what we usually do.

It was such a fun-filled weekend with great friends and my wonderful husband.  Now we have my beautiful cousin's wedding to look forward to this weekend in New Jersey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment