Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Buh-Bye 2012, Hello 2013

2012 ended up to be a pretty great year that ended on a very high note.  During the last few weeks of 2012, I completed my last class that I need in order to sit for the CPA exam, we bought a brand new car (our first big purchase together!), moved into a BRAND NEW apartment that we absolutely LOVE and we got to spend Christmas with my wonderful family!
Christmas Eve Dinner
Christmas Day
Visiting the church where we got married

This past week (New Year's Day through this past Saturday), Dave and I spent a lot of our time watching Homeland.  My sister was talking about it over break so we thought we would give it a shot.  We instantly got HOOKED!  We completed seasons 1 & 2 in less than a week (not that I'm proud of it).  It's so nice when we have a show that we both really enjoy together.  Now that we are done with that show for now, I guess we will have to wait for Mad Men and Breaking Bad to come back!

This weekend was pretty much perfect.  I really wanted to enjoy it because I start loosing my weekends very soon due to tax season.  Saturday I started the morning by going to a yoga class.  It was so nice getting back into it, something that I've really missed.  I'm looking forward to getting back to my old schedule of yoga about 3 days a week.  After yoga and a run, I got ready to go do some errands while Dave was at his soccer game.  Later that afternoon, we headed out to District Taco for a late lunch/early dinner.  After we ate we headed to the Sculpture Garden for some ice staking.  It was so romantic skating under the stars and with all the sparkling lights around us.  I had such a wonderful time and neither one of us fell down once! ;)  After ice skating we picked up some hot chocolate, a sweet treat and headed home for the evening to finish Homeland.

Ice Skating with my LOVE!!



Sunday consisted of an early morning kickboxing class, a run with Dave to our favorite local coffee shop, Northside Social, errands, watching football and using one of Dave's Christmas presents:  a pasta maker!  We had so much fun making linguine together and it tasted AMAZING!  We are looking forward to trying out raviolis this next weekend.

Coffee at Northside Social

Pasta making

This was the perfect weekend with the perfect husband.  We had so much fun together which makes it hard to think about this upcoming tax season.  For now, I'm going to try to enjoy every free minute I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment