Thursday, December 15, 2011

NYC Weekend

The tree at Rockefeller Center
Amazing Grimaldi's pizza
This past weekend Dave and I went to New York City.  I have been bugging Dave the past couple of years to go up to New York during the Christmas season to see all of the lights, the tree, and the store-front windows.  So Friday afternoon we took the bus up to New York!  Dave's aunt and uncle were so kind to let us stay with them for the weekend (they live in NJ, right outside of the city).  We had a wonderful time staying up late, drinking wine and talking with them Friday night.  They are one of the kindest couples I know and they always make me feel welcomed whenever I visit them.

Sarah and me at lunch
Saturday we went into the city and visited Times Square and then went to Bryant Park.  Bryant Park had tons of little shops surrounding the ice skating rink, so we walked into a few of them.  Then we took the subway to Brooklyn to visit my friend Sarah.  She is a good friend of mine from Texas, who is playing soccer for Long Island University.  She took us to this AMAZING pizza place called Grimaldi's Pizza.  We had a wonderful lunch and it was so great to catch up with her!


Later that afternoon Dave and I decided to visit the MET.  Dave was interested in seeing the Greeks and Romans and the Arms and Armors exhibits.  Dave thoroughly enjoyed the Greeks and Romans exhibit.  We had  a great time.  Dave even bought me a book about shoes!  What a great guy; he knows the way to my heart! :)

That night we looked at the beautiful store windows.  Bloomingdales' window with the penguins was definitely my favorite!  We made our way through the crowds to the tree at Rockefeller Center.  It was absolutely beautiful!  Then we headed back to Dave's aunt and uncle's house for a delicious steak dinner.  What a wonderful day it was!

Storefront window at Bloomingdales

Storefront window at Bloomingdales
Sunday we headed to SOHO so I could stop by C Wonder.  I picked up a couple of things, but my fuchsia quilted jacket was definitely my favorite!  The sleeves are actually long enough for my arms!  The ride home was great; no traffic at all!
My new pink jacket

Puppy dog Dave got for me at FAO Schwarz
It was such a fun weekend.  Every time I visit NYC I'm reminded how much I want to live there.  It's always been a dream of mine to live there.  I just don't think my mom would be too happy if we moved there...  For now I'm content in just visiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment